A lot has happened since Arnd von Wedemeyer and Sascha Crocoll founded notebooksbilliger.de in 2002. Our notebooks are still cheaper, but now so are our PCs and smartphones, projectors and much more. For over 5 million visitors a month, we are the first choice when looking for the latest trends and the best deals.
With our passion, flexibility and speed, we make products and brands tangible for everyone in an innovative way.
To do this, we move goods responsibly, boldly seize opportunities and set ambitious goals.
Our technology and trading know-how creates unique advantages for our customers and makes us a reliable partner.
🧬 Company Values
🏆 Top 3 Company Advantages
- Learning Environment
- Team Culture
In your role as Senior (Backend) Developer you will work to advance the ongoing change to a service-oriented architecture.
💪🏻 Core Tasks
- You take care of the creation and integration of internal and external APIs as well as asynchronous messaging systems, taking various performance, reliability and maintainability aspects into account.
- Expand the tools that departments need to maintain product data or automatically adjust it.
- You’ll work on the conceptual design and implementation of innovative applications for our online stores and internal tools (based on PHP7, Symfony, MySQL / MariaDB, Redis, SQS, REST, Docker and Solr).
- Advise us with regard to good software architecture, clean code and new technologies and discuss technical requirements with us
🔐 Key Requirements
- You have 4+ years of experience in the development of complex software systems.
- You are a programmer through and through and a platform like notebooksbilliger.de is an exciting challenge for you.
- You are characterized by team spirit, communication skills and curiosity.
- You are fluent in English or German (C2 level) in speaking and writing.
- PHP is your mother tongue and you have very good knowledge of current frameworks such as Symfony or similar. Performance and code quality are of great importance to you. And if you also have experience with Docker and CI/CD systems, you are the perfect candidate for us.
- We offer a powerful notebook, two 24 inch displays and the free choice of the development environment
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile work & home office
- Modern workplace
- Good connection
- Parking spot
- Mentoring program
- Employee events and discounts
- Fruit, Coffee/Tea/Water
- Retirement provision
- BVG Ticket
- Further education
📐 Application Details
Start date: As of now
Working time: Full-Time
Application documents: CV
🤩 Your Team & Work Environment
Working mode: Berlin office, Hybrid