Peakwork AG, founded in 2009, is the dynamic packaging and distribution connectivity specialist for the travel industry. With its unique and high-performance Player Hub Technology®, Peakwork has created a worldwide leisure travel network that directly connects travel products’ global supply and demand.
Peakwork equips the travel industry and leisure travel partners internationally with high-performance IT solutions. We flexibly adapt to changing industry trends, delivering scalable, easy-to-use solutions that accelerate and simplify travel distribution around the world.
🧬 Company Values
🏆 Top 3 Company Advantages
- Team Culture
- Career Opportunities
💬 Employee satisfaction
3,5/5 overall rating, 63% recommendation
4,0/5 overall rating, 79% recommendation
” People are not closed to ideas and try out new approaches. But they don’t try to implement them convulsively. If something doesn’t work, it will be adapted or even discarded. Everyone who wants to can get involved and help develop things – both within the team and beyond. There is generally a friendly and supportive atmosphere. Especially with the new structure, there is more attention paid to the individual, there is always a open door and you are supported wherever possible – even on your career path. In addition to work, everything else is not neglected. In addition to internal team events, there are joint lunches and cross-team events. And we also celebrate small to big successes and milestones.
From a developer’s point of view:
There is a clear technological focus (e.g. Google Cloud, TechStack). But every team has the opportunity to try / test new technologies / products. Everyone can help design. Especially in the web / fullstack, besides the old application, which of course also need to be maintained, there are new projects that are based on new technologies and approaches. Therefore, you can develop yourself but also the software again and again.” Jan Söhnitz – Staff Engineer
💪🏻 Core Tasks
- You and your team will be responsible for the technology, API and architecture of your services.
- You help shape the ongoing evolution of our software, especially the further migration to the cloud and the optimised use of Google Cloud Platform
- You work independently and pragmatically on incremental features
- Tests and code reviews are an important part of your daily work
🔐 Key Requirements
- Experience in projects with vue or react
- Professional background 1-3 years
- English is a must, German is a plus
- Additional Requirements
- Several years of professional experience in Java development and the motivation to continuously develop your coding skills
- You are well-versed in the Java ecosystem and at least one framework such as Spring or Quarkus
- You have an interest in new technology and can quickly familiarise yourself with new topics
- You are communicative and enjoy working together in an agile environment across team boundaries.
- Practical experience with MicroService architectures and a cloud vendor such as Google Cloud Platform is particularly helpful.
Fair compensation based on market and qualifications
- Breakfast, lunch and drinks – all inclusive
- Possibility of mobile work
- Discounts on the job bike and the job ticket
- Regular internal and external training
- Buddy programme: a long-standing professional supports you when you start your job
- Unique teamwork and digital innovation
- Legendary Peakwork parties – such as the summer party, Christmas party, carnival or our team events
- We recharge our creative energy with foosball, darts and Playstation with our colleagues
- With a permanent employment contract, you can also commit to us in the long term
- 100% coverage of VRR ticket
📐 Application Details
Start date: As of now
Working time: Full-time
Application documents: CV
- Video interview with the team lead and 1-2 developers (senior engineers)
- Video interview with VP + Lead Architect (+ if applicable someone from the team)
- Team introduction and lunch in Düsseldorf (Monday or Wednesday) (half trial day)
🤩 Your Team & Work Environment
Meet your direct team on LinkedIn:
Working mode: Düsseldorf / Hybrid (Monday + Wednesday in the Office)
Peakwork AG is a company personally selected and recommended by the Jomigo team. We are looking forward to you recommending this job to your friends and your network.